WEEK 9 Instafun Summer Camp
Next week is the last week of Instafun Summer Camp. This week let's reflect on the past 8 weeks. How many bucket list items did you accomplish?
The Summer Bucket List
- Take a class or try something new
- Read a book
- Cook a seasonal meal or new recipe
- Go camping
- Watch fireflies
- Listen to toads and crickets
- Get in the woods
- Canoe, kayak, or SUP
- Swim or lay in the sun (with sunscreen!)
- Build a campfire
- Take a hike
- Have a picnic
- Visit a creamy whip or eat ice-cream
- Watch a fun summer movie outdoors or indoors
- Make or drink iced tea
- Ride a bike
- Do something creative (journal, tie dye)
Instagram Lessons List
- Post a photo
- Manage your filters
- Create a hashtag shortcut
- Know the two major types of hashtags
- Makeover your profile with links, fonts, description and emojis
- Design a post with Canva
- Use Planoly to curate tour feed
- Know how to tag, time your post, and add location
- Create an IG story
- Add a hashtag to your story
- Add a sticker to your story
- Track the data on your story
- Add a poll to your story
- Bookmark and create a collection
- Regram a post
- Increase your real followers
- Try a present or consistent filter
- Comment on followers of others brands
Because Instagram is one of the most popular social apps, you may want to connect all of your social accounts to get the most out of it. You can choose to link your Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Flickr accounts.
Link Your Instagram Account to Other Social Media Accounts
- To get your social accounts linked, go to your profile and tap the three lines in the right hand corner of your screen. At the bottom, tap on "settings." In the settings options scroll down to choose "linked accounts."
- Then select which accounts you want to connect.
- Every time you upload a photo to Instagram, you’ll have the option to select which photos you want to share to each of the social networks. You can also choose to share your photos on Instagram only.
Look at Your Instagram Data
If your IG account is a business account (Need to switch your account from personal to business? See next section for instructions.) you can look at your Instagram data.
- Go back to your profile and tap the three lines in the right hand corner of your screen.
- Tap "Insights"
- Here you have 3 tabs— activity, content and audience.
- Under activity you can track your profile visits and website link clicks, reach and impressions.
- Under content you can easily see how many interactions each post received. Here you can also explore story data and promotions (next week we will learn how to run a promotion!)
- Under audience you will see follower data like top locations, age range and gender.
How to Switch from a personal IG Account to a Business IG
- Navigate to your profile in Instagram, and under Account Settings you'll see an option called “Switch to Business Profile.”
- You will then be asked to log into Facebook within the app. After that, you'll be asked to select which Facebook page you want to connect.